Sunday, August 22, 2010

Rock On Day 8

Today I went to one of my favorite places, the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame. If you're a music geek like me, you'd love it! There are so many exhibits to see, music to listen to, and documentaries to watch. My Sunday School class and I went there today on a field trip. Two of the people that went had never been and that is one place where it always fun to see it with someone who has never been before. We all had a great time and learned so many things.

One of my dream jobs is to be a Pop Culture Professor. It would love to teach a course where students learned about some of the great musical artists that we viewed today at the Rock Hall, as well as cinema and sitcoms. The best career you can have is to turn your hobby into your career. For grad school, I wanted to concentrate my studies in American Studies but I found out after being accepted that the program for it is no longer offered. So now I kind of back to square one and I don't know what to concentrate in. Please keep me in your prayers that I find the right mix of my true passions and the courses that can go with them.

Grateful list:
  1. Music
  2. Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame
  3. Fellowships outside of church
  4. Great message at church today
  5. Being a music geek
  6. Staying strong
I pray you have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! This fellow music geek wants to point you to someone nice/talented and someone eccentric.
    Esperanza Spalding and Lou Bond, respectively.

    ReplyDelete