Saturday, August 21, 2010

Me Time Day 7

It's funny how you can spend a lot of money without even thinking. Between putting gas in the car, a trip to Target, paying my library fees, and buying my favorite lazy day food, pizza and hot wings, I think I'm out almost $70. I hate being an adult! But it was all things I needed, especially the pizza. I did work on work stuff today and now I feel better about the week ahead so I wasn't entirely lazy. I like my love seat. It's so comfortable and since I have a habit of sleepy in the fetal position, it's perfect for afternoon laziness and napping.

Overall, I managed to stay grateful and optimistic today. I'm finding myself turning my frown upside down more lately and not in a fake way. I'm telling myself to cheer up and be happy for happiness. I'm doing it so I can focus more on the positive instead of the worst case scenarios. There are so many news things coming up in my life. One more week until school starts and two more weeks until I turn 30. And to top it all off, I'm meeting new people that I know God placed in my life instead of me placing people in my life for company's sake. One month ago all of these things scared, but I'm learn to smile and accept and breath in all the wonderful blessings of God one moment at a time.

Today I am grateful for:
  • Pizza
  • The ability to keep myself company - I guess I would be friends with myself after all!
  • Church tomorrow
Have a wonderful evening and you better get up for church tomorrow!

1 comment: