Sunday, August 29, 2010

Final Day of Freedom Day 15

Well, tomorrow the next chapter starts: grad school! I kept this in the back of my head today as I laid around my apartment most of the day, knowing that this may be the last Sunday I get this luxury until around Christmas. I stayed home from church to nurse my cold, which I'm glad to announce should only be around one more day.

Tomorrow night will be my first night of class. I'm excited and so nervous. I read the syllabus a few times and only 35% of it makes sense. After reading it today, I realized that one of my five books will have to be read in its entirety by September 20th. The book is 120 pages, but still. It's a whole book. I read the preface and the first five pages of chapter one of the main textbook and that didn't make me feel so dumb. I at least want to be able to hold my head semi-high on the first night. What I can tell of this course is that there are no tests, but it just a bunch of projects. I will also get 'partner' in the class, which will come in handy if I ever have to miss.

I think I've been downplaying how huge this goal will be. I hit me today, as I skimmed through all of the reading assignments for the next month, how much of a life I will not have. It also hit me that God knows what He is doing by not giving me too much distractions. My church responsibilities are non-existent for now, as I have told everyone I'm accountable to about school and working full time. I'm really glad I did and I'm also thankful for their understanding and prayers. My major prayers for school are that one, I'm doing God's will and studying what He wants me to study, and two, that I'm learning things that will be beneficial to my current job. I want to be able to take this knowledge back and use it ASAP.

My grateful list:
  • Understanding 35% of the syllabus
  • Friends
  • Family
  • Ability to pay bills
  • Carpet cleaner (such a klutz)
  • God being able
Good night and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment