Thursday, August 26, 2010

If My Bible Were My Child - Day 12

If my bible were my child, it would have been taken away by family services, even though I don't have a drug and alcohol problem and I'm not a criminal hiding from the law. My poor baby is not home because momma (me) left it in someone's car. I know this sounds like something that happens a lot in Christianville, but here's the part that would get the authorities involved.

I noticed Wednesday morning that my bible wasn't in the house, but I just assumed it was in the car. When I remembered to look in my car on my lunch break today, I realized that it was missing. I immediately remembered that I left it in a friend's car because we carpooled to Cleveland on Sunday. I emailed her and she confirmed my assumption. It didn't hit me until my car ride home from work that may be I should feel bad about this. I have other bibles, but not like this one. My other two bibles are hard-covered. My missing, but found bible is soft and when you bend the pages back, it doesn't ruin the bible. It fits perfectly in my purses and when on the couch, it feels comfortably in my lap. It's like the Snuggle bear of bibles. And now it's gone...well, until next week when I see my friend again.

The real reason that I feel so bad is because this is the same bible that read through last year. In fact, it says One Year Bible on the cover. Last year, me and this bible were thick as thieves. I read it almost everyday. This latest incident just proves how fair weather friends we have become. I need to get back with my bible, physically and mentally. This was a major lesson to me. Although I know my friend will take care of it, I keep getting visions of my bible singing 'Cats in the Cradle' and replacing the 'daddy' with 'mommy' and mommy is me!

Here is my grateful list:
  • That my bible is in a safe location
  • Two training classes down, one to go
  • Double elimination on Big Brother
  • One more week until the dirty 30!
Good night and hug your bibles for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment