Monday, November 23, 2009

This Week I Know It's Not Just Me - Thanks Inventory

On 9-22-09, I wrote a blog post called It Begins With Thanks. With Thanksgiving being this week, I thought I would be typical for one moment and write about what I am thankful for now. Here is a scripture that I feel suits my mood and the mood of others for this week.

Psalm 109:30 - But I will repeatedly give thanks to the Lord, praising him to everyone.

It's funny how my list has changed since the 9-22-09 post. Here a few things that I am thankful for:
- This blog
- My wonderful 19 Followers (thank you so much)!
- Family love and support
- For surviving yet another car accident
- Hitting work deadlines
- Music - discovered a new band this week, the Rescues
- Lower bills-budgeting tips
- Hot showers
- Peace of mind and its ability to show up when necessary
- Tears because I'm way more in touch with my emotions when they come out that way.
- Not always having to be the bigger person
- Hugs and kisses
- Hindsight
- New friends
- God forgiving me when I don't get it right the first time
- Patience
- Going to Pittsburgh today!!!!
- The ability to be thankful

I used the scripture above for today's post because my purpose for this blog was to praise the Lord in front of others and to show what can become of your life when you begin to live for the Lord. The past two months of blogging have been better than any therapy I could have paid for. Not that I would ever do it, but I get posing for Playboy or one of those publications. With this blog, I get to be naked with my feeling in front of others and it's so freeing and definitely helped me inhale and exhale better. When I hit 'Publish Post', there's no turning back. My words are out there and I love it! Thank you all for reading and encouraging me and letting me love what I do. I thank God for all of you and if I don't post tomorrow, have a great Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

  1. Your welcome! And thank YOU! Peace and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie,

    I have been under a mountain of work lately, but I have sorely missed reading your wonderful blog. It has been awe inspiring as I consider taking the plunge myself. We shall see. I was really sick over Thanksgiving, so I am right now very thankful that I am not as sick as I was. Can't seem to get rid of this cough and congestion. Keep moving forward! Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, I missed you too! Lorans, I hope you had fun in the Y-town where it's always goin down!

    ReplyDelete