Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Not a Shakespeare Day!

I have a confession. This is the second morning in a row that I don't have a real topic to blog about. Since I go to extremes even in my thoughts, my first thought was, 'have a lost my super cool connection with God?' And of course because of who God is, that answer is no. Second thought, 'have a lost my spark or my touch?' And because of who I am, I know that answer is no. So what's going on? I want to write, but nothing is happening to write about.

Well, after thinking this over as my computer booted up this morning, I had to remind myself of something I say all the time....Jenn Jenn, it's really not that serious!

For the past two days, I haven't been motivated to write anything and I have to be okay with that. I'm learning to be okay with it. This past weekend was one of the best I've had since the weekend with my family in October, so I figured the words would just flow. I got to hang out with people I haven't seen in a while. I ate wonderful food and just had a wonderful time. Sunday was church and rest, my two favorite Sunday activities. So why don't I have a topic for this dang blog?

Well, because my blog content is not based on my weekend. It's based on what God wants me to write. After the second week of blogging, I sadly had to kick myself off my on own pedestal when I realized God might not inspire wonderful thoughts and words everyday. My topics, like the seasons of life, are going to come and go. Some days I'll hit it out of the park and even inspire myself and some days I'll sleep in and forget for two seconds that I have this blog.

I hope this post wasn't too bored for you. I just want to write you all and tell you that as much as you want to be, some days you're not going to be Shakespeare or have beautifully written dreams like MLK. You may have a day where you're like a flustered contestant on a game show who doesn't answer before the buzzer goes off. However, I'm not fluttered or upset about this. As much I want to drop some knowledge today, I know that when the idea or inspiration comes, I'll be ready. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. That's the spirit! Just let it flow and let God direct your fingers on the keyboard ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep yourself open and what needs to be heard will flow through you.

    ReplyDelete